Break the Floor releases statement after Travis Wall is accused of sexual assault

According to Tony Minniti, founder and artistic director of Break the Floor — the company Travis Wall founded — and Aliyah Wall, the pop star’s wife, Wall has been removed from the Break the…

Break the Floor releases statement after Travis Wall is accused of sexual assault

According to Tony Minniti, founder and artistic director of Break the Floor — the company Travis Wall founded — and Aliyah Wall, the pop star’s wife, Wall has been removed from the Break the Floor world tour.

“A lot has happened in the last two months since the negative headlines that have been in our industry since April 9,” Aliyah wrote. “After thinking things through, we decided to be transparent to our fans about Travis’ continued professional involvement with our show and to give fans the opportunity to voice any questions they may have about his participation.”

Aliyah said Wall will be involved in the planning and development of the show, and that they will hold a news conference before the tour launches in October.

BuzzFeed News broke the story last month about a 2014 harassment complaint filed by Wall against a crew member on Break the Floor’s documentary series about the company. Then, as previously reported, on April 9, TMZ published an audio recording of Wall, in a drunken phone call, saying “f***” to a photographer who was taking photos. Travis Wall and his management team adamantly denied the authenticity of the call and denied any connection to the man who recorded it, and TMZ later deleted the recording.

Shortly after TMZ posted the recording, Break the Floor was dropped by Interscope Records. Foxy Brown has since come on board to replace the rapper. Also in April, the TV personality Franchesca Ramsey filed a lawsuit against Break the Floor for assault, battery and false imprisonment after she was threatened by Travis Wall during a break in filming for the Break the Floor show.

Tony Minniti, speaking on behalf of Break the Floor’s board, said they did not want to revisit issues of assault and rape.

“Though Break the Floor has experienced challenges in 2018, we believe these actions are the right step for the company and its focus is ensuring the safety of both Travis and the dancers,” Minniti said.

Leave a Comment